Most people request a ballpark cost for their dream log home and learn what is involved in the early planning stages, called the preliminary planning stage.Typically most folks have a floorplan or design in mind and can share those details with us such as overall sq. ft., number of bedrooms and bathrooms, style of home (ranch, chalet, etc.), number of levels, decks and/or porches, basement, crawl space, etc. Do not worry if you do not have that figured out yet, we will ask you the questions so we have general understanding of the scope of your project.
Next, we will review the different log home building systems that we offer and explain the differences in terms of costs and performance. Here, we try match the best home building system that fits your requirements, lifestyle and budget. Well explain each system cost and review the pros and cons for your application. And finally, we will review each step of the preliminary planning process and explain how to develop your project game plan.
From here, the next steps in the process are:
- Custom Floorplan Design: We will help you design the perfect floorplan that fits your lifestyle, budget and architectural design requirements. We also offer a selection of our 50+ standard floorplans that can be customized. Each floorplan design is professionally drafted and engineered.
- Site evaluation and planning: An vital step in the process is to develop a site plan for your custom home. We will walk your property with you and offer suggestions for the best possible place for your custom home. We consider your design, solar angles, window location, topography, views, trees, etc. when developing your site plan.
- Budget planning and cost estimates: We will work with you to develop a budget and provide you with a construction cost quote based on your design.
- Project coordination and general contracting services: We offer complete project coordination and general contracting services for your custom home project.
- Technical assistance for the do-it-yourself homeowner: We offer on-site training to get you started. We also offer technical assistance by phone or email and will arrange to make on-site inspections throughout the construction process.