Below is a brief resume of Walker’s Residential Design Experience
Recent Awards for Rustic Residential Design:
• 1st Place Winner, Country’s Best Design 2012 Awards, 1500 to 2500 sq. ft
• 3rd Place Winner Log Home Living Magazine, Best of Best Plans for 2008
• 5th Place Winner, Timber Home Living Magazine, April 2008, Best Plans for 2008.
• Winner of One Editor’s Pick in Log Home Living Annual Ten Best Plans for 2007 Award, the McKinley Design
• Winner of One of Ten; Log Home Living Annual Ten Best Plans for 2007, The Mountain View Retreat Design
Published in Magazines:
• Guest Article: Country’s Best Log Homes for June/ July 2015 Issue, Article “Making a space serve dual functions”.
• Article: “10 Cost-Saving Plans, Save on Your Cabin Expenses during the Design Phase” Cozy Cabins Magazine, July 2008 issue.
• Quoted as in article: “The Cozy Effect”, Timber Home Living Magazine, August 2008 Issue.
• Article:“Designing ‘Hamatreya” Planning a Virginia Home Involved Working with Elements of the Land”; Custom Wood Homes Magazine, Summer, 2007
• Guest Editorial Writer for TVA’s employee publication, “The Need for Energy Ratings for Homes and Appliances,” 1979.
Approved Designer with homes designed and/ or built in the following communities.
• Big Canoe, Georgia
• Marabou Ranch, Steamboat Springs CO
• Balsam Mountain Preserve, NC
• Dunaway Preserve, Tennessee
• Long Branch Lakes, Tennessee
• Rosemary Beach, Florida
• Watercolors, Florida
• Figure Eight Island, North Carolina
• Regatta Bay, Destin Florida
• Spring Island, South Carolina
• And Wexford Plantation, Hilton Head Island, SC
• Auburn University, Bachelor of Architecture
•Alec has three grown children, two grandsons, and two granddaughters.
• Alecwalkeronline@gmail.com /Days (800) 726-0708 / (865) 966-6440